For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
FPC OF OTTUMWA COVENANTS WITH THE OTTUMWA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
We commit financial and human resources in the following ways:
- Pray for the ministry of Habitat for Humanity.
- Actively participate in the Day of Prayer and Action for Human Habitat, held each year on the 3rd Sunday in September.
- Spread the word about Habitat for Humanity’s ministry throughout the community.
- Lift up opportunities for volunteer service, both long and short term, either locally or through the International Office in Americus, Georgia.
- Provide financial support by raising $3,000 for God’s people in need.
- Organize work parties to help rehabilitate or build homes.
- When possible, select members of our church to be actively involved on the Board of Directors or committees of a local affiliated project.
- Promote international projects by inviting Habitat for Humanity Volunteers to speak in our area.
- Encourage church members and friends to work at the HFH House from time to time and or provide lunch for workers at the HFH House on Saturdays.
We agree to review this commitment annually and in faith, renew our commitment to the ministry of Habitat for Humanity.